Some parents are afraid of their kids going outside due to safety issues and cold. All that these parents do not know is how much the kids are missing out on. Play is important for kids growth and development and is readily available outside. With outdoor activities, kids are also able to explore and learn new thing.
Imagine children that have grown up playing outside in all manner of challenging conditions, in all seasons of the year. Imagine how they’d be different than kids taught to come inside when it’s raining, or cold. Imagine how they’d be different from kids that find entertainment from the TV, computer or video games.
Kids who play outside in challenging weather are more positive, more creative, and more adaptable. They don’t let challenges stop them. They rise to challenges and find ways to carry on in spite of them. And that’s just their baseline. It’s nothing special to them. It’s normal.
How Is Lawn Tennis Beneficial?
Many people look at sports in terms of their benefits to those who play the game. The truth is that the ripple effect goes to many people including the sponsors and the people who supply the items used in the game. Keep reading and get more insights on how the sport benefits the society at large.
Learn the basic rules. You got to keep the ball within the baseline of the opponent and within either singles alley. If you already knew the rules, I am sorry to have mentioned here. In any event, keeping the ball in court, in play is the most basic rule of tennis. You cannot hit the ball as hard as you like. It has to be a combination of power and control.
2. Do not open the racquet face. The only possible exception to this is you are trying to hit a very short angle pass, especially with the backhand. But it’s not something a beginner should attempt.
3. Power comes from hip rotation. Don’t arm the ball. Rotate your body in and out of the shot. Also remember to transfer weight onto the left foot for forehands or right for backhands (assuming you are a right hander).
Self- help for gambling addiction
It is important to note that using gambling as a way of running away from your problem, only makes the situation worse. Your problems will still remain and the worse can happen if you loose on your bet. It is therefore important for one to look for alternative healthy methods of solving problems like exercising, trying out new hobbies, spending time with loved ones and meditating.
Online Self-Help Tools
Four free, interactive and anonymous self-help tools are available on another part of the problemgambling.ca website. These tools include:
- A Gambling Quiz: Answer nine questions to help you understand if gambling is having a negative impact on your life.
- Self-Help for Those who Gamble: A series of interactive tools will help you explore, cut down or stop gambling.
- Monitor Your Gambling & Urges (MYGU): Use this web tool to keep track of when you gamble, or feel the urge to gamble. (a Mobile App also available)
- Self-Help for Family and Friends: Does someone you care about gamble too much? With these interactive exercises, learn why they gamble and what you can do to help.